Thursday, October 2, 2008

This week...

So I haven't had anything exciting to write about so I'm going to write about my week so far. The only thing that makes my Monday's bearable is the fact that my roommate and I have our riding lessons for the Equestrian Team on Monday nights. We joined the team at the beginning of the year, and it has been a lot of fun! We have lessons once a week at a barn called Waredaca, which is about 45 minutes from campus, and once in a while we get to compete in shows against other colleges. So on Monday we had our lesson at 8:00, and I learned quite a bit even though we only worked on flat work and not jumping. Tuesday I had a fairly easy day considering the fact that I decided not to go to my calc lecture and sleep in instead. Calculus has been really easy so far, so it really didn't matter that I missed a class. The only class I had on Tuesday was my animal science lab. In lab, we got to go out to the barn and put our hand into the stomach of the fistulated cow, plus we dissected chickens-which was pretty gross, but interesting nonetheless. That night my friend and I went to yoga at the rec center, which was a good break from work. Wednesdays are my crazy days because I have almost every class plus my two hour Scholars colloquium. Our speaker in colloquium was a man who works on the Chesapeake Bay and studies the different species of marine life - he was pretty entertaining. Today I had my chem lab until 6:30, which was not fun at all. I have come to really dislike chemistry, which isn't good considering I am going to have to take organic chem for the next two semesters for my major. I am definitely not looking forward to that. I am excited that it is finally Friday tomorrow-I think my roommate and I and a bunch of our friends are going to go see a movie. Then I'll be studying over the weekend because I have 3 midterms next week: animal science, calc and chemistry. Definitely not looking forward to those!

No comments: