Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Reminder of Home...

One of my all time favorite things to do is horseback ride. I started riding in 8th grade with my best friend, and though she has since stopped riding, I have never stopped absolutely loving it. So the fact that the University has both an equestrian club and team was quite a selling point : ) I am lucky enough to have a roomate that loves horses just as much as I do, so last week we both attended the meeting for the UMD Equestrian Team and realized how excited we both were to get back to riding. Last night we had our first lesson with the team and it was wonderful! It just felt great to be doing something so familiar during a time when everything around me is in a constant state of change. We rode with four other girls at a barn called Waredaca, which is about 45 minutes away (I have no idea what town it's in-i'm from CT and have absolutely no sense of where this campus is in relation to,well, anything...). All I know is that knowing that I will get to ride is going to make getting up on Monday a little bit easier. And I am also hoping to join the equestrian club (i'm headed to the meeting now)-they take care of the horses that are here on campus (you should visit them!-they are pretty cute...). With all said and done, I am just happy that I don't have to give up horses or riding for any length of time, because I don't know what I would have done otherwise!

No comments: